Hi guys! So the new year is officially upon us and it’s time to start thinking about resolutions. I’m not going to lie- this year I have a lot. Some are ones that will take me a while to achieve whereas some are very quick and hopefully easy ones. I was very sceptical about making resolutions this year as they can be very bad for your mindset. Thinking about all the things you want to change about yourself is obviously not a positive thing but if you look at it with optimism and see them as positive changes, they are wonderful. Also, I try to set them as goals instead of resolutions because the world resolution has negative connotations. This post is a collab with the amazing IWasATeenagePolarBear- I’ll leave her link at the bottom. Make sure to check her post out too as we have some of the same resolutions!
As well as making resolutions for 2019, there was a lot of life lessons that 2018 taught me. One of the main ones I want to talk to you about is putting yourself first. I’m aware how cliche it is and I don’t know about you guys but once I’m in a situation, I feel a lot of pressure to stay there. When I started my 4 a levels. I told myself I would stick to 4 because I’m not one to quit things. However, one of my a levels was causing me extreme stress and though it meant letting people down, sometimes you have to be selfish and do what is best for you. Anyway, enough deep chats and onto my resolutions!
- Drink more water : This is a very strange one because some weeks (especially when I’m at sixth form) I will drink ridiculous amounts of water and I’ll be really hydrated but other weeks I will not drink anything! I feel the benefits in myself when I’ve drink well but I just forget! So that’s definitely one of my goals for 2019
- Eat healthier: 2018 was possibly the most up and down year for my eating habits. I put on a fair amount of weight and it affected my mental health quite a bit to the point where i would cry to my mum if an old outfit didn’t fit. I don’t want to set a goal to lose weight because quite honestly I don’t really care about numbers I just want to be healthy inside my body. Additionally within this I want to eat less meat. My best friend is a vegetarian and through her I’ve seen the benefits of eating meat less – for the body and the environment and obviously the animals. I don’t want to set a goal of being vegetarian as it’s something I want to do gradually but having a few days a week where I don’t eat meat is definitely a goal.
- Blog more: A very obvious one for those of you who have followed me for a while. When I’m not at college, I post quite consistently if I do say so myself. However, I go to school and it just drops out of my head. So I NEED to post more. My blog feels like a place for me to completely offload so it’s something id love to do more next year.
- Do the splits: So obviously a bit of a silly one but it’s something I’ve wanted to do for ages. As a dancer it’s something I really want to learn, and just increase my flexibility in general.
- Travel more: Quite a hard one for me as I can’t afford to send myself or my family on holiday. However, if I could get abroad just once this year it would be amazing. I love seeing the world and travelling is something I want to do massively when I’m older. Backpacking and seeing different cultures appeals to me so much and I’m very jealous of everyone else who can do it. As I can’t go abroad frequently, I’d love to see more of the UK. Scotland is somewhere I’d really like to go. So is York and London.
- Read more: I am a HUGE reader but throughout 2018 I haven’t had the biggest chance to read. I read for my English a level and though I have liked Othello and Jane Eyre etc. I want to read for my enjoyment. Goodreads do a challenge where you set a goal of the amount of books you want to read. Many people go for 100 but I think I might go for the 50 purely because of my lack of time at the moment and I don’t want to force myself to read. Obviously if I don’t hit 50 I won’t mind, it’s just a guideline.
- Get a sleep schedule: Again, this is something I do really well with while I’m at school because I have to wake up early, but in the holidays like this week I will stay awake until 1am and wake up at 11am. I hate it when I do this because I’m so unproductive and I feel like I’ve wasted the day. I also feel groggy and very unrefreshed so it’s a habit I need to change.
- Get a job: I NEED MONEY. Therefore I need a job. I used to have a job and since then I’ve had some on off chances but nothing serious. I feel bad scrounging off my parents to go out with all my friends who have jobs so I really need to start earning money somehow! Something like waitressing or working in a little shop would be perfect.
- See my family more: This was one of my goals last year and I’m really ashamed to say I didn’t really accomplish it. I get too wrapped up in my own life and am very lazy. However, events of this year have made me appreciate the time I spend with my family and friends. This year I’m very motivated to see my extended family and treasure every moment I have with them.
- Be more organised: Another recycled goal from last year. I’ve said before I’m not the worst at organisation, I get all of my work done and it’s always handed in on time. But, I’m always doing it last minute. I hope to do a bullet journal this year so I’ll have to update you on it!
So they’re all of my goals for 2019! Actually that’s a lie, i have a few more but honestly I don’t think I can make this post any longer. I’m aware 10 is a lot but by not setting number goals, even a small improvement in any is an accomplishment.
Thanks for reading and don’t forget to read IWasATeenagePolarBear’s post!
Q:What’s one of your 2019 goals?
Q: What type of things would you lot like to see in a giveaway?